Monday, November 1, 2010

Blog Train and Facebook Contest!!

Happy November everyone! I'm so excited for this month to be here - Connie and her team have sooo much amazing stuff planned for the next few weeks and it all starts TODAY!

First, today is the kick-off of our next Facebook Fan contest! Connie is giving away a $20 (yep, you heard me $20!!!) gift certificate to one of her Facebook fans as of 11:59pm on Monday, November 8. And for an added incentive, she'll give away a second $20 gift certificate if we can reach 1,500 total fans by the deadline.

To win, you just have to "LIKE" Connie's Facebook fan page by 11:59pm on Monday, November 8 - see it is as easy as that!

Next, a quick little reminder of all of the Connie goodness that we have coming up in November - here's the most up-to-date calendar! It was one year ago this week that I "met" Connie for the first time during one of her famous speed scraps on NSD weekend. I'd love for a bunch of you to meet her and the team this year - these are low pressure speed scraps where you've got over 12 hours to post your layout! Hope to see a bunch of new and returning faces/usernames out at all of these great Connie events.



And, finally, the most nervous part of my post ... the BLOG TRAIN BLOG contribution. The theme this month is The Orient and Connie was super generous to let me have a go at creating our kit. I've called this kit Ni Hao (meaning hello in Mandarin Chinese) - I really hope you like it and I'd love to get your feedback in the comments section.

I've been making freebies for the blog for several months now but this is my first real attempt at true designing! By the way, if there is anything that you LOVE about the kit, give Connie the credit for inspiring me - and, if there is anything that you DON'T LOVE about the kit - just blame lil' ol' me!!

Here's the preview (biting nails anxiously):


DOWNLOAD ALPHA HERE


DOWNLOAD ELEMENTS HERE


DOWNLOAD PAPERS HERE


If you're following along the train, you would have come here from:
Digi Overdose

and you should be heading off next to:
My4Princesses Designs

Lost? Don't worry - you can always find your way again from the main Blog Train Blog site.

50 comments:

MouserMo said...

Thank you for your freebies. Link on your post was added to PickleMouse freebie list

andastra said...

I love this blog train. Your freebie is so beautiful. Thanks

BarbK said...

Shari, you did a wonderful job with designing this kit....The colours are gorgeous. Thank you.

Celeste said...

It is a beautiful contribution! No need to be nervous!

Kirsten said...

Thank you so much!

Kristin said...

Don't be nervous. Your contribution is so lovely. I especially love the patterned papers. Great job!

Unknown said...

Shari, this is BEAUTIFUL!!! You did a great job!!! Thank you!

daisydilly (vicki) said...

I think it looks great!!!Thanks for taking that leap and doing this.

VJ's Scrap Room said...

LOVE IT!!! Thank you so much for sharing.:)

Navaja77 said...

Shari - Your kit is great! I love it! BTW I tried the blog train link and it doesn't work. I think there is an extra space in the address.

Unknown said...

Th♥nks for sharing your time and talent =}

Carissa said...

Fabulous job! I think your kit is one of my favorites!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your part but unfortunately link for papers doesn't work.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ! Thank you !!

Jenn said...

Thank you for your share in the orient train. very pretty.

Dolores said...

Shari, the kit is adorable! Great job and thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

wonderful kit. Love it. You are veeeeeeery talented since this is your firsta attent into designiong a kit.

deb said...

Gorgeous kit! The little doll is so cute! Thank you so much for your part of the blog train.

fl_connie said...

It's a delightful kit - lovely papers and great embellishments - love the little girl! Thanks so much for sharing!

Joan said...

I am loving this blog train! {sighed when I saw how big it was} but the contributions are lovely

Marilou said...

You did a wonderful job on the design for your contribution. Thak you!!

LifeAsDINKers (Ava-J) said...

Hi Shari...you haven't a thing to worry about, you created a great kit there! thank you for sharing your time and talent, bless you!

Foxycrafts said...

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Love Joan xx

Sharon (Nini's Notions) said...

Gorgeous work! I was able to download the alpha and elements just fine, but for some reason 4Shared won't allow me to download these awesome backgrounds! Thank you for sharing!

Miss Behaving [badly] said...

absolutely gorgeous darling!
Love this - gorgeous elements and the colours just explode from the page.
An excellent contribution, thank you ever so much. You have a bright future in designing I think!!!

Carla said...

Gorgeous! Absolutely love it!

Tofu said...

Love it! Great Job!

Anonymous said...

The Orient blog train. The paper download doesn't work.

Tammy said...

You did a great job! I love that you put something Japanese on it, as my son is currently obsessed with Japan and I can't fool him with Chinese symbols!! Thank you!

SuperMom said...

Nervous? Why?
Yours is one of my favorites! I love the girl... too cute!

Thanks a bunch!

tmmarx said...

What a beautiful kit. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!

Patti said...

Ni Nao! Thanks for being part of this blogtrain! I appreciate your generosity! I love the papers and the little girl! The frame will be PERFECT for a layout for my Chinese trip pictures! Thanks again for sharing!

KatherineWoodin said...

Thank you

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog train kit, thank you so much

Tina said...

Your Kit is Amazing! Love all the elements! THank you!

Robyn said...

So cute!!! Thanks!

txgwen said...

Many thanks for sharing your gorgeous kit. I really like the traditional scrapping look of your alpha. What an awesome theme for the Blog Train! I appreciate your participation in it.

amsangel said...

Thank you very much!

Célia Costa said...

I loved it !! Thanks so much for sharing !

Christelle said...

Thank you for your contribution! This is very beautiful and oh so generous...

Karen said...

I think you did a great job with this kit! When I ride blog trains I don't download at every stop (my hard drive couldn't take it!), I pick and choose the best pieces, and I hope you take it as a compliment that I downloaded your part of this blog train :)

Anonymous said...

So nice, thank you! :)

makeyesup said...

Wonderful kit, thanks so much for sharing your talents.

Sandy_in_MD said...

Adorable set - thank you so much!

Hilda said...

Hi Shari, This kit is a lolapaloosa, wonderful, beautiful contribution. I love it. Thank you. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Many thanks.

lvgurrrl said...

Thank you!!!!

Alison B said...

Your contribution is wonderful. I just happened upon this train very late and appreciate that you are still offering your lovely and large contribution. I adore the colors and think you did a fabulous job!

mskinsey said...

Thank you so much for keeping your Oriental Express BT kit available. Sadly, I was only able to download about 20 of the kits back in November. I love the Orient and once lived on Okinawa, so I have oodles of photos to scrap using an Oriental theme. I am a big fan of yours already, especially your great templates and also your cheerful, well executed kits. Now I'm an even bigger fan because of your graciousness. You're the bestest!!