Sunday, June 21, 2015

Sunday Funday

Great job on the Trivia Quiz, ladies!!  Melissa Layton was our winner of the $10 coupon. She did have 19/25 questions correct!  Stumped her on a couple it seems.  Here are the answers:

1. I am the proud owner of two eels. I also at one point ruled the sea. Who am I?
Ursula  Ursula was the mean sea with in “The Little Mermaid”.  Her sister Morgana, was the villain in “The Little Mermaid 2” (1989)

2. I own two Doberman Pincers and like to smoke cigars. I drive myself around in a limousine. Who am I?
Mr. Sykes  Mr. Sykes was the main villain in "Oliver and Company" (1988).

3. I was once the most powerful sorcerer in the world. I even turned myself into a snake. Who am I?
Jafar was the bad guy in both “Aladdin” (1992) and its sequel, “The Return of Jafar”  (1994)

4. I am God of the Underworld and a very big hot head.  Who am I?
Hades  Hades, voiced by James Woods, was this evil genius in "Hercules" (1997).

5. There's no man in town half as manly. Every last bit of me's covered with hair. Who am I?
Gaston  Gaston, the jealous prince-like villain in "Beauty and the Beast"(1991). He had biceps to spare.

6. I Prowl on all fours. I am very striped and don't much care for man cubs. Who am I?
Shere Khan, frightful tiger in “The Jungle Book” (1966)

7. We haunted Dumbo when he was drunk.  Who are we?
Pink Elephants "Pink Elephants On Parade" was the song they danced to while they scared Dumbo out of his wits. He thought the alchohol was water. That's how he got drunk.

8. Croquet anyone? No? Off with your head!  Who am I?
The Queen of Hearts The Queen of Hearts. The villain who never allowed a fair trial to "Alice in Wonderland.”

9. I really like "lion" around and the song "I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconts". Who am I?
Scar Voiced by Jeremy Irons, was the horrid uncle in “The Lion King”  (1994)

10. We think wherever baby is, there's milk near by.  Who are we?
Si and Am Si and Am also tried to split a fish in two in "Lady and the Tramp.”

11.  We hate cats. We love to eat them though. And we are pretty fond of Rita. Who are we?
Rosco and Desoto Rosco and DeSoto were the two rotweillers from "Oliver and Company." (1988)

12.  I own a kitty and I'm NOT the world's biggest rat!   Who am I?
Ratigan Ratigan, voiced by Vincent Price, from "The Great Mouse Detective(1986).”

13. I came to get gold, but found those damn Indians.  Who am I?
Governor Ratcliff Governor Ratcliff, voiced by David Ogden Stiers, headed the excursion to America in "Pocahontas" (1995).

14. Actually, I was considered to be the very first real animate villain. I tormented Mickey in his Steamboat. Who am I?
Pegleg Pete Pegleg Pete, dasterdly villain in the first sound cartoon, "Steamboat Willie" (1928).

15. I got a little wooden puppet to sing on stage. Who am I?
Stromboli

16. I own a cat named Lucifer and have two daughters. Who am I?
Lady Tremaine, the evil stepmother to Cinderella. I wouldn’t call Cinderella her daughter though.

17. I am the Evil Genius behind Experiment 626. Who am I?
Jumba  Jumba, also voiced by David Ogden Stiers, turned good at the end of "Lilo and Stitch" (2002).

18. I headed a team of explorers to a lost continent and died after trying to take their life force. Who am I?
Commander Rourke Commander Rourke voiced by James Garner in "Atlantis: The Lost Empire" (2001).

19.  I tried to poison the Emperor but ended  up turning him into a llama. Who am I?
Yzma Yzma was voiced by Eartha Kitt in "The Emperor's New Groove" (2001).

20. I was hired for protection but wanted to bag myself a Gorilla. Who am I?
Clayton Clayton, British hunter in the masterpiece "Tarzan" (1999).

21.  I tortue toys with barbecues, rockets and firecrackers. Who am I?
Sid Sid, Toy destroyer, in "Toy Story" (1995).

22. I expect ants to pick food for my group of friends. And I really hate birds. Who am I?
Hopper Hopper, voiced by Kevin Spacey, was head of the grasshoppers in "A Bug's Life" (1999).

23. I was trying to find the nesting place for my herb until that Aladar came. Who am I?
Kron Kron, from the movie "Dinosaur" (2000).

24.  I befriended a young lad on a ship run by a talking cat. I also have a pet, Morph. Who am I?
John Silver John Silver, pirate in Disney's newest movie, "Treasure Planet" (2002).

25  What is the name of the pegleg sidekick to the villain in "The Great Mouse Detective"? (One word answer.)
Fidget  The peg-legged, broken winged bat was Ratigans sidekick in "The Great Mouse Detective". (1986)

I have to admit that some recent changes with SSL has made me worry about using some of my puzzle games at the moment.  I need some time to make sure all of the browsers will be able to access the games. But our own internet connection has been spotty.  TWC has been out three times this week.  Joe is now researching some things because connecting his Chrome Book to the internet is causing us to lose connection.  Me.. I just want reliable phone, TV and internet.  *sigh*  

So..  with all of the internet things vexing me, we'll go for another Disney Trivia Quiz.  This one has been rated tough, with a 5 out of 10 usual score.  I'll go with that. You will need to answer 5 questions correctly in order to be eligible for the $10 coupon.  Of course, everyone that enters will receive the $1 coupon.  Ready?  This quiz is about heroes.  

1. Which of the following heroes dos not experience physical transformation?
a. Kenai
b. John Smith
c. The Beast
d. Kuzco

2.  Which hero wields a sword, has his own horse, and has to be coached by a monarch to chase his girl?
a. Hercules
b. Prince Phillip
c. Phoebos
d. Shang

3. Which hero doesn't sing (even in his thoughts)?
a. Prince Phillip
b. John Smith
c. Prince Charming
d. Eric

4. Which red-handed hero kisses his girl with his eyes open?
a. Taran 
b. Hercules
c. Peter Pan
d. Quasimodo

5. Which hero, even though he has several opportunities, does NOT end up with a girl?
a. Hercules
b. Jim Hawkins
c. The Beast
d. Kuzco

6. Which hero has a goatee?
a. Tarzan
b. Hercules
c. John Smith
d. Phoebus

7. Who was Disney's first blonde here?
a. Phoebos
b. John Smith
c. Arthur
d. Milo

8. Which slick hero had a yellow hat, green slippers and also got the girl?
a. Peter Pan
b. Quasimodo
c. Robin Hood
d. Pinocchio

9. Lots of heroes are missing at last ONE parent by the half-way point in a movie. Which hero's parent didn't DIE, but just ran off?
a. Bambi
b. Jim Hawkins
c. Hercules
d. Dumbo

10. Which hero becomes a surrogate father, gets the girl AND is voiced by Phil Harris?
a. Long John Silver
b. Thomas O'Malley
c. Little John
d. Baloo


So there you have it!  I have to admit, I didn't even get 5 out of 10 when I did this one!!  Course, I am taking the timed version and don't have the luxury of using Google for help!  Let's see how you all do this week. Email me your answers by Friday, June 26, 2015 at 9 PM Eastern time.  coyotelady(at)gmail(dot)com   Good luck!! 

No comments: