Candy is going to be really happy she played! Candy was the randomly selected winner of that $10 coupon! AND it was the first time she played along with us. Welcome, Candy! And I hope we see more of you. Here's the correct answers:
1. What princess was often seen in the company of a short, bald, mute man? SNOW WHITE
The short, bald, mute man is Dopey, one of the Seven Dwarfs.
2. Which Disney princess lived most of her life as simple, parent-less girl but then discovered that she was really a princess and met the love of her life? AURORA
Aurora, a.k.a. "Sleeping Beauty," grew up as Briar Rose in the country with three fairy "aunts." Ariel was "The Little Mermaid," and was always a princess. Belle didn't become a princess until she married the Beast.
3. This princess wanted "adventure in the great wide somewhere" more than she could tell, and found it in the least likely suitor. Who is she? BELLE
Belle sang, "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell" in "Belle." Her suitor was, of course, the Beast.
4. This princess and the man she fell in love with both disguised themselves. Who is she?? JASMINE
Okay, I know that was a little tricky because both Ariel and Aurora also disguised themselves, but neither Prince Eric nor Prince Philip ever disguised themselves. (Prince Philip just didn't tell Aurora who he was.) Herein lies the trick.
5. This Native American princess rubbed noses with a young, attractive adventurer. What is her name? TIGER LILY
No, it's not Pocahontas. She and John Smith smooched, but never actually did any nose-rubbing. The only characters who did were Tigerlily and Peter Pan. Also accepted: Tiger Lily, Princess Tigerlily
6. This princess-by-marriage underwent a magical transformation that allowed her handsome prince to fall in love with her. Who is she? CINDERELLA
"Bippity Boppity Boo!" Cinderella was the princess-by-marriage. Ariel and Aurora were born princesses, and Belle didn't transform
7. This princess was fluent in many different languages, among them French, English and her very own. Can you name her? KIDA
Kida was the Atlantian princess who was able to communicate with Milo and his fellow travellers through her knowledge of language. Also accepted: Princess Kida, Kidagakash, Princess Kidagakash
8. Which princess risked her life to save her loved ones and her people from a potentially life-altering battle? POCAHONTAS
Mulan was the only other character who experienced a battle, and she wasn't a princess.
9. This (princess) lion met her betrothed at a young age, in the first "Lion King" movie. Then did not see him again until she happened upon him by chance. Who is she? NALA
She wasn't human, but she was still a princess. Simba, heir to Mufasa's throne, was her betrothed. Also accepted: Princess Nala
10. This princess seduced her prince with song, but he fell in love with her without knowing it was she who sang. Who is she? ARIEL
"You've got your looks, your pretty face, and don't underestimate the importance of body language," Ursula told her. And it is this "body language" that caused Prince Eric to fall in love with Ariel without ever hearing her voice.
So, what do you say we do this one more week? This particular quiz will test your knowledge about the Disney Villains. The average score is said to be 8 out of 10 for this particular quiz, so we'll use that score for number of correct answers to be included in the random drawing! Just copy and paste into an email and send me your answers by next Friday, May 29th by 9:00 PM Eastern time. Send to coyotelady(at)gmail(dot)com.