Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Let's Go Hybrid :) "Layout Magnets"

I thought it'd be fun to share some of my hybrid projects here with you! I'll try to give you as much information about how I created each one as possible so that you can try too. My first share is an easy peasy one :)

My big goal in hybrid projects is to use things that I have on hand so a lot of times you'll see me using things that you'd normally toss! For instance on this project I used some old magnet advertisement sqaures/business cards. You will often find these stuck on phone books, on sales counters in businesses, and I even have some w/ sports schedules on them. If you can't find any of these just a magnet sheet will do, you can pick those up at pretty much any craft store!

Layout Magnet


(Preview credits: Kit Dani Mogstad "Saturday Market", Vintage Alpha by Jenn Wilson, Filed Photo Frames by Katie Pertiet)

Things that you'll need to complete this project:
-Ruler
-Magnet
-Card Stock (I always use acid/lignin free stock)
-Spray Craft Bond Adhesive, if you are using an actual picture be sure that it's acid/lignin free! (I personally recommend Elmer's Craft Bond)
-Personal Trimmer or Craft Scissors
-Layout of your choice

To get started, measure your magnet. The ones that I show here were 4x4 in size so it was easy enough to resize a 12x12 layout to fit. If your magnet is not square you will have to do some altering in your graphics program to make it fit without distorting the images :)

Once you have your layout completed, print it out..be sure to print at the highest possible quality for prettier results!

Use your trimmer or scissors to cut your layout to size. Spray the craft bond adhesive onto the front of the MAGNET, be sure not to spray the magnetic side. Also I wouldn't spray the actual layout because sometimes the paper will become saturated and the ink will look blotchy. Adhere your layout to the magnet & voila you're finished!

I've often embellished my magnets beyond just the digital layouts, you could punch holes in yours and thread ribbons. Other ideas would be to glue on flowers or gemstones..the options are really limitless & you can get as creative as you'd like with your project! These magnets make great tags for presents and I like to include them inside greeting cards to my family members and they LOVE to receive them too.

Here is a closer view of the layouts that I used for my magnets!

Kit Dani Mogstad "Saturday Market"



Kit Dani Mogstad "County Fair"


I would love love love to see your magnets if you make some!

Thank you so much for reading & I hope you have a wonderful day :)
Connie

No comments: